The US stock market continued to fall as the pressure to raise interest rates persisted. At the same time, the cryptocurrency market is also uncertain about stability and slight decrease. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• Bank of Canada hints at a faster pace of rate hikes.
• The US labor market continues to tighten as the number of workers remains scarce.
• JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon said: 'you have to push yourself'.
• Sources say the Biden administration is likely to increase ethanol blending production for 2021.
• GE CEO says delivering products to customers is the 'number one' challenge.
• Some real estate markets see declines as the global frenzy wears off.
• RBI will raise interest rates faster this year, slow down next year.
• Factories in the euro area struggled in May as consumers turned to leisure activities.
• Strong demand drives Canadian factory activity in May.
• The US manufacturing sector regained its pace in May.
• Let's raise the US interest rate to 2.5% as quickly as possible.
The cryptocurrency market is showing signs of a brief but uncertain recovery. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• Bank of Canada faces credit test during political storm because of inflation.
• German inflation hit a new record, putting pressure on the ECB.
• EU resolves deadlock in agreement to cut most of Russia's oil imports.
• The UK housing market is weak.
• Spain's 12-month inflation continued its upward trend after falling in April.
• Sentiment in the euro area was mostly unchanged in May, inflation expectations eased.
• Christopher Waller favors a 50 bps rate hike until inflation falls "significantly".
• China-Switzerland trade talks stall.
• High prices of pasta and bread for the poorest people in Britain.
• Reuters poll shows US home price inflation cooled down as buyers shied away from higher interest rates.
• China uses digital yuan to stimulate consumption.
• Korean authorities say they have investigated the employees behind Terra
The US stock market recovered with support from the technology sector. But the crypto market has yet to recover to keep pace. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• Business and government leaders warn: economic outlook 'dark'.
• Fed says US households feel financially well off in 2022.
• Four EU countries call for using Russian assets to rebuild Ukraine.
• China says it will take targeted steps to support the economy.
• Russia's VEB Development Bank pays Eurobond coupons in rubles.
• The IMF director does not expect a recession but cannot rule out the possibility either.
• The Bank of Korea will raise interest rates again on May 26, reaching 2.25% by year-end.
• JPMorgan Chase & Co CEO said the 'clouds and storms' about the US economy could disappear.
• IMF sees a quiet German recovery but risks are tilted to the downside.
• Balenciaga through accepting payments in crypto, will accept BTC and ETH.
• SHIB is now accepted by thousands of restaurants in 65 countries.
The US stock market continued to end the week in the negative ahead of economic data, the cryptocurrency market also followed suit. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• The BOJ Governor vows to keep monetary policy extremely easy.
• Euro zone consumer confidence increased to -21.1 in May.
• Dutch budget deficit will increase to 3.4% this year.
• Russia lifted the ban on short selling from June 1.
• China cuts lending rates.
• The German finance minister said that the G7 is determined to control inflation.
• Tunisia's current account deficit will widen to 10% of GDP by 2022.
• Strong consumption emerges as a bright spot in Mexico's weak economy.
• Taiwan's export orders fell for the first time in 2 years.
• UK retail sales spike, but the big picture is bleak.
• The money market values a 50-50 chance of a 50 bps increase in July of the ECB.
The US stock market continued to sink in the red ahead of economic data. The cryptocurrency market cannot stand aside from the general influence. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• High food prices spurred protests across developing countries.
• Russian economic growth slowed down to 3.5% in Q1.
• Air Canada sees a rebound in travel business as early as September.
• Russia's weekly inflation eases further after a recent spike.
• The US housing market cooled down when construction permits fell.
• Ms. Yellen said the US is committed to a market-determined exchange rate.
• Canada's inflation increased higher in April, economists warned there will be more difficulties.
• JPMorgan cuts US GDP estimates for 2022 and 2023.
• Japan's trade deficit widened due to increased import costs due to supply pressure.
• Australia boasts the lowest unemployment rate since 1974 after interest rate hikes.
• Inflation in the UK hit a 40-year high of 9.0%, causing households to squeeze harder.
China's manufacturing activity cast a shadow over the US stock market causing the indexes to move in opposite directions. Reverse
The cryptocurrency market gradually recovered weakly. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• Hungarian Prime Minister Orban warned of an "era of recession" in Europe.
• Brazil's government debt fell to 78.5% of GDP in March amid a new primary surplus.
• Mexico suspends food import tax to tackle inflation.
• China's economy slipped as the shutdowns affected factories and retailers.
• Brazil's central banker does not rule out more interest rate hikes after June.
• Selling Fed mortgage-backed securities may be an option in the future.
• Ms. Yellen said that the world faces a food crisis because of the war in Ukraine.
• CBDC activity heats up, but very few projects make it past the pilot phase.
• UK reveals plans to legalize Stablecoins in Queen's Speech.
• Portugal lost its status as a crypto tax haven when the state announced a tax increase.
• The California regulator will review a long-term ban on crypto donations on May 19.
The CPI did not reduce the negative sentiment of investors, so the US stock market continued to be covered in red. The cryptocurrency market also continues to decline. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• US inflation lowers than expected in April due to strong core CPI.
• Brazil's inflation hit a 26-year high in April, increasing 12.1% in 12 months.
• Euro zone bond yields rose after US inflation data.
• ECB expects interest rate hike in July.
• Russian importers seek deals with smaller Indian companies to avoid sanctions.
• China says it will use various policy tools to support employment.
• Russia's weekly inflation eased slightly after a spike.
• Morgan Stanley warns global economic growth in 2022 is only half of 2021.
• India is likely to raise its inflation forecast at the June meeting.
• Food and energy prices pushed inflation in Nepal to a nearly 6-year high.
• The US average mortgage rate increased to 5.53%.
The negative sentiment continued to make the US stock market covered in red. The cryptocurrency market also continues to decline. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• Short-term inflation expectations of US consumers decreased, spending plans increased.
• Bank of England policymakers are concerned that inflation will be higher than forecast.
• Mr. Putin confers with experts on trade payments with allies and 'unfriendly' countries.
• US wholesale inventories increased sharply, GDP in the first quarter was revised up slightly.
• US yields fell after hitting a 3.5-year high on worries about rate hikes.
• Atlanta Fed President said there is no need to raise interest rates more than half a point faster.
• Minneapolis Fed President said that the Fed may have to bear most of the burden in achieving the inflation target.
• India's inflation is likely to accelerate to 18-month high in April.
• Mexico's inflation is at the highest level in 21 years, the central bank raises interest rates again.
• China's export growth hits two-year low.
• The Central Bank of Israel is still uncertain about the digital shekel but is gaining public support.
Worry about inflation pressure made the US stock market continue to drop. The cryptocurrency market has not escaped the general influence either. Follow the crypto message board for details.
The number of US jobs in April increased strongly.
The Minneapolis Fed President says supply chain progress is key to avoiding a recession.
The BoE chief economist says the UK must accept the income hit from high inflation.
Canada's April unemployment rate fell to 5.2%, job growth was less than expected.
Food prices eased slightly in April after a record increase.
German industrial output fell more than expected in March.
China's trade slowed down in April as limited COVID-19 affected output.
China's central bank launches transport and logistics support facility.
The board member said the ECB must keep inflation expectations low.
The head of the central bank said that Poland is not near the end of the interest rate hike cycle.
US bond funds recorded outflows for the 17th consecutive week.
The Fed decided to raise interest rates to 1%, but the US stock market rose sharply. Even the cryptocurrency market that has not shown signs of a positive recovery before has turned bullish. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• The US Department of Finance reduced the size of bond issuance for the next quarter.
• Major US banks raised their basic interest rates after the Fed's move.
• The Bank of England is preparing to raise interest rates for the 4th time in a row to combat inflation.
• Mexico will increase its main food production in its plan to control inflation.
• Robinhood allows users to lend shares.
• Labor shortages hit US private sector payrolls in April.
• Canada's trade surplus narrowed as imports grew more than exports.
• Strong imports pushed the US trade deficit to a record high in March.
• Spain's April unemployment numbers drop, official employment is at a record high.
• Euro area business growth has been boosted by service reopening.
• Ms. Yellen sees solid growth, potentially a 'soft landing' for the US economy.