The view that inflation has peaked has supported the US stock market's recovery. But the crypto market no corresponding recovery. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• US construction spending unexpectedly dropped in May.
• Factory data dampens global hopes for a 'soft landing'.
• Russian state-owned companies raise wages amid double-digit inflation.
• Manufacturing sector cooled as PMI dropped to 2-year low.
• Japanese companies disagree with the BOJ's view that inflation will be temporary.
• British manufacturing lost more momentum in June.
• China's June factory activity grew at the fastest pace in 13 months.
• Brazil achieved a trade surplus of 8.8 billion USD in June.
• The disruption of the Ukraine war caused agricultural input prices to increase by nearly 10% in the first quarter.
• China takes new steps to open up its bond market to foreigners.
• Global investors turn to selling equity funds due to recession fears
Mr. Powell's remarks sent the US stock market into a state of apprehension. Even the cryptocurrency market suffered a slight decline. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• Mr. Powell said: “time is counting down” for the Fed to reduce inflation.
• Chip exports to Russia decreased by 90% after officially restricting the US.
• The US economy weakened in the first quarter; prospects become dim.
• German inflation unexpectedly cooled down in June at 8.2%.
• European consumer sentiment is less than feared as companies strengthen their cash buffers.
• The New York Fed began to publish the corporate bond market decline.
• Credit Suisse eliminates negative interest rates for Swiss private clients.
• Russia's unemployment rate falls to a record low but economic barriers increase.
• Spain's 12-month inflation exceeded 10% in June, the first time since 1985.
• The World Bank's chief economist said it would be 'a long way' before debt relief for developing countries, 'sceptic' about
the possibility of avoiding a global recession.
The US stock market continued to be affected by the specter of inflation and the Fed's policy, causing it to close in the red. Tell
Even the cryptocurrency market suffered a slight decline. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• Mr. Biden increased US tariffs on some Russian imports to 35%.
• The G7 seeks to limit Russia's oil income through a price cap.
• US manufacturing shows resilience despite rising interest rates.
• China's industrial profit in May dropped again.
• German financial watchdog sees limited impact of Ukraine war on financial system.
• Japan said it was difficult to confirm the impact of Russia's default.
• US pending home sales unexpectedly recovered in May.
• Germany seeks foreign workers for airports amid intense summer tourism.
• The Central Bank of China will continue to support economic recovery.
• G7 aims to raise $600 billion to fight China's Belt and Road.
• TIME partnered with Sandbox to build Time Square in Metaverse.
In the last session of the week, the US stock market closed in the green, ending the week in the calm of investors. Even so, the pressure on interest rates that the Fed is expected to raise is still weighing on the market, most visible in the crypto market with the current timid rally. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• US new home sales unexpectedly increased in May.
• Exchange rate will remain the main BoE policy tool.
• European banks pass the US Fed's stress test.<br>
• US consumer sentiment dropped to a record low, inflation outlook improved.
• German business confidence in June slipped.
• Remote working can save businesses $206 billion and relieve pressure on the Fed.<br>
• Fed President St. Louis said that the US is unlikely to have a recession and is in the early stages of a recovery.
• CBDC can threaten stablecoins, not Bitcoin.<br>
• Coinbase will make amendments to comply with Dutch rules.
• Solana introduces Saga, the first Web3-enabled mobile phone in partnership with Osom
Before the "strong commitment" of the Fed, the US stock market continued to decline. Even the crypto market, after a slight recovery, is back down slightly. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• Eurozone consumer sentiment dropped in June.
• Canada's inflation to a nearly 40-year high puts pressure on interest rates to rise by 75 bps.
• Inflation in the UK reached a 40-year record, the highest in the G7 group.
• The Bank of Canada said that high inflation in May "makes us lose sleep".
• USTR Tai says US tariffs on Chinese goods are 'significant' leverage.
• Mr. Powell said the Fed was 'strongly committed' to reducing inflation 'quickly'.
• Italy introduced further measures to limit energy costs, increase gas reserves.
• The United States is open to new lumber negotiations with Canada.
• Central Bank of Qatar in the 'foundation phase' of digital currency implementation.
• Ripple is right, increasing recruitment despite the crypto winter.
• Tether launches stablecoin GBPT pegged to the British pound.
Investors in the US stock market were more cautious ahead of Mr. Powell's hearing. In contrast, the cryptocurrency market showed a slight recovery. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• China's oil imports from Russia increased to a record, surpassing top supplier Saudi Arabia.
• German bond yields increased due to inflationary pressures.
• Airlines are optimistic about recovery but labor shortages could weigh on growth.
• Germany restarts coal-fired power plants after gas supplies are cut off.
• High inflation expectations increase the Bank of Canada's ability to raise interest rates ahead of CPI data.
• Fifteen EU countries say the bloc must urgently speed up trade deals.
• Australia's central bank said it would raise interest rates more.
• Bank of Korea raises inflation forecast, will consider big interest rate hikes.
• The Central African Republic relies on Bitcoin to build the future of the country.
• WeChat bans all crypto activities, violators risk being banned forever.
• Analyst says crypto lending can still survive in bear market.
The US stock market was almost unchanged and at the end of the week, the week ended in red. Besides, the cryptocurrency market was also affected a lot during the week. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• Goldman expects Turkey's inflation to reach nearly 80%.
• Kansas Fed President fears a 75 basis point increase in interest rates will add to 'policy uncertainty'.
• Fed policymakers witnessed many rate hikes and soft landings.
• The Fed is committed to restoring price stability 'unconditionally'.
• Fed's Kashkari: 'cautious' to use a 50 bps increase after July.
• The US economy has a 40% chance of going into recession next year.
• US manufacturing output decreased.
• BOJ maintains extremely low exchange rate, warning about strong yen drop.
• Babel Finance said it will stop withdrawing customers' money.
• BIS report warns of front-running threat in cryptocurrency mining.
After the decision of the Fed, the US stock market suddenly increased sharply. Even the cryptocurrency market is slowly recovering. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• Faced with stalemate, WTO negotiations continue despite India's defiance.
• US retail sales plunge as inflation flares up.
• Japan's largest trade deficit in more than 8 years in May.
• New Zealand's economy weakened as exports fell.
• Less growth, more inflation for the German economy in 2022.
• US mortgage rates rise to highest level since 2008.
• US import prices increased continuously in May.
• US homebuilder sentiment hit a two-year low in June.
• Inventories of US enterprises increased sharply.
• China strengthens economic support to avoid over-stimulation.
• ECB announces new tool to tackle fragmentation worries.
In the face of fear that the Fed will continue to raise interest rates, the US stock market continues to fall. The cryptocurrency market cannot be left out of influence either. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• Inflation outlook next year worsens.
• Morgan Stanley CEO sees a 50% chance of US recession.
• Eurozone bond spreads widen as ECB tightening revives worries about debt burden.
• UK recession fears increased when GDP unexpectedly contracted in April.
• The German finance minister warned of the risk of stagnant inflation, committed to a strict fiscal return.
• Food prices in New Zealand increased in May.
• Long queues at Lisbon airport are long.
• Mr. Draghi's right-hand man said that the ECB raising interest rates is a wrong way to curb inflation.
• China announces steps to ease financial strain on local governments.
• US exchange Binance sued by crypto investors for stablecoin collapse.
• Tether says USDT Reserve remains immune to crisis on CEL network.
Economic indicators show the possibility that the Fed will continue to raise interest rates, causing the US stock market to plummet. Even the cryptocurrency market cannot be left out of its influence. Follow the crypto message board for details.
• It is expected that the Fed will expand the roadmap to strongly increase interest rates to cool down inflation.
• Canada's unemployment rate hits a record low, underpinning an interest rate hike of 75 bps.
• Japan moves closer to yen intervention after rare joint government statement.
• Russia cut the base interest rate to the pre-crisis level of 9.5%.
• The Bank of England said 12-month inflation expectations hit a record.
• Spain's core inflation is at its highest level since 1995, INE said.
• China's loan growth rebounded in May.
• CNBC's Jim Cramer thinks the Fed needs to increase the rate to 100bps now.
• Taiwan said that the US understood its stance on exchange rate policy.
• Americans spend more on credit cards because inflation increases costs.
• Cryptocurrency regulatory development efforts need to keep pace with market growth.